Can anticipation vibrate? Oh yes, it can - Coiltech Deutschland 2022 was truly electrified, lively and full of energy! Everyone who was there felt it: the anticipation, the spirit of optimism, the desire to sit down together and discuss. And then the many warm greetings from acquaintances and valued business partners. Gratitude that everyone had brought a mask and that many had only taken it off for our photographers.
Everywhere joyful expectations and smiling faces.
That was Coiltech Deutschland 2022
Long planned finally becomes good
September 2018: Coiltech Italia has cemented its reputation as a well-organised, international trade exhibition for manufacturing electric machinery. It is an exhibition where participants conclude the negotiations of the last quarter and start planning the budget for the following year.
The exhibition format, which aims for a favourable cost-benefit ratio, good accessibility and attractive hotel costs, has been extremely popular with exhibitors in Italy for years. Trade visitors from all over Europe and even overseas attend the trade fair because they are impressed by the innovative power of the exhibitors. The WMC World Magnetic Conference, which is held in parallel with the fair, is also compelling and attracts top-class speakers and audiences.
In Germany, on the other hand, the exhibitors are very fed up with the self-important behaviour, the outrageous prices and surcharges of renowned trade fairs in big, famous cities. And we also think it is time to establish Coiltech in Germany: 10 days after the first announcement, 80 stands have already been booked.
Rising booking figures, even though Coiltech Deutschland is not allowed to launch due to the pandemic
- 2022, over 300 companies exhibited at Coiltech Deutschland 2022.
- 28 companies preferred to postpone their participation until 2023.
- As far as is known, the Coiltech exhibitions were the only coil winding events that grew during the pandemic.
Facts, Facts, Facts.
About Coiltech Deutschland:
At the brilliant start of Coiltech Deutschland, the combination of companies, technologies, knowledge and research was simply perfect. The trade visitors came
- to find specific products or solutions,
- to see new technologies in person,
- to meet known and new suppliers.
- They wanted to exchange information about new supply chains and trends,
- finally meet all the significant industry players in person again
- and strengthen or extend their networks.
We have had our trade fair statistics certified since 2012. By the way, we are the only ones in the coil winding exhibition industry to do so.
Who are our visitors?
Coiltech is a trade show focused on the coil winding industry. The professional visitors are decision-makers and specialists involved in selecting suppliers and products in their companies. In addition, there is a growing, highly specialised group of visitors who attend the WMC to listen to scientific lectures from universities and research departments of renowned companies.
- Electromechanical components
- Electronic and electrical components
- Semi-finished products and materials
- Insulation and shielding materials
- IT and software
- Adhesives, resins and coatings
- Components for electric drives
- Engine components and accessories
- Quality control and measurements
- Machinery and production systems
- Transformer components and accessories
- Winding systems and accessories
Numerous visitors from abroad
The very first edition of Coiltech Deutschland recorded a higher proportion of international visitors than Coiltech Italia, which has been very well attended for years. Many Italian exhibitors and trade visitors had come to Germany to learn about the German coil winding industry. There were even visitors from overseas.
Geographical origin of national visitors
- The national visitors came from all industry-relevant sectors in Germany.
- The majority came from southwest Germany - no surprise given the geographical location of the industry in Germany. Because German mechanical and automotive engineering is established in the southwest, the exhibition is held in Um, close to the industry and not in some major German city.
- Visitors also came to Coiltech in Ulm from the north and northeast of Germany.
Visits on one or both days
Number of visitors per company
What has surprised us:
- Every sixth visiting company from Germany was present with more than 3 employees for talks and negotiations with the exhibitors, two even with more than 20 people.
- Even most visiting companies from outside Germany were present with more than one employee. The high professional quality of the exhibitors and the conference offerings were convincing.
Who are our exhibitors?
Coiltech Deutschland 2022 has brought 73 new exhibitors to a coil winding trade exhibition in Germany for the first time.
Only a few leading trade shows in Germany have an international line-up like Coiltech Deutschland:
- Over 60% of exhibitors were of international origin, 36% from Italy.
- 38% of the exhibitors were from Germany.
- Almost 40% of the exhibitors in Ulm were only present at Ulm.
- Of these, about two-thirds were German, one-third international companies.
- The exhibition also attracted new exhibitors from abroad.
That was just the beginning: 30% increase in bookings within the first four week!
Exhibitor response and hall planning 2023
- Approximately 85% of the exhibitors from 2022 took advantage of the rebooking offer and booked a stand for Coiltech Deutschland 2023.
- 40% of the exhibiting companies reserved a larger stand area for 2023.
- Already during the trade fair, we registered a lively enquiry from companies booking for the first time.
- We expect Hall 6 to be fully booked in the future.
- Hall 7 is also expected to be new.
What we are working on to expand Coiltech?
- Full occupancy of halls 6 and 7.
- Visually appealing connection of the hall complex DH/1/2/3 o Halls 5/6/7.
- Relocation of the visitor entrance from the "Messefoyer" to the larger "Donauhalle Foyer".
- Improved visitor flow routing through the Donau Halle.
- Better traffic routing to the car park near Halls 5/6/7 for a more even flow of visitors to Halls 5-7 during the day.
- Free parking for pre-registered visitors:
- Visitor pre-registration also serves as a free parking pass.
- Complete digitalisation of all bookings, pre-registrations and free parking passes.
- We only still print out visitor and exhibitor passes.
Quality and high standard also in the future.
This was the POST SHOW REPORT of Coiltech Deutschland 2022. Here are a few more quick facts about Italy for you to consider:
After Brexit, Italy is the third-largest economy in the European Union and the eighth largest economy globally. Italy's GDP in 2021 was estimated at around 2.1 billion US dollars. In 2022, Italy's GDP is forecast to be around US$2.06 trillion. The statistics show the country's GDP from 1980 to 2020 and forecasts until 2027. It might be worth it to discover the Italian coil winding market personally! © Statista 2022
Are you looking for a precise coil winding partner in Italy?
After more than 10 years of trade show activity, we are very well networked with the Italian coil winding industry. Our list of exhibitors is well worth reading. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We will be happy to help!
Come and visit us: The sound of a Coiltech is unique!
It is energetic, joyful and powerful, mixed with the sound of engines and the hot aroma of Illy-Caffè. So get to know our Coiltech exhibitions and become an exhibitor in Italy and/or Germany! We will be happy to answer your questions: send a message to email@example.com with proposed dates for a conference call.
We look forward to hearing from you!